If you out and about Presidents’ Day, plenty of free and inexpensive things to do are offered in South Florida.
Some are ideal for families with kids, or with adult friends or on your own.
In 2023 Presidents’ Day is February 20, and keep reading for ideas for fun in Broward, greater Palm Beach and Miami-Dade.
Ideas For Free & Inexpensive fun on Presidents Day
Festivals & events
- Kite Festival @ Haulover Park, February 18-20, 10800 Collins Avenue 33154, free entry, $7 parking
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival, Feb. 18-20, Entry fees apply. Regular fees are $20-$25 and free for 12 and younger
- Black History Month events in Dade
- Black History events in Broward
- Black History events in greater Palm Beach
Parks & Nature
Entry to plenty of parks is free or relatively inexpensive.
Delight in nature walks. Relax with your favorite book. Flick Frisbees.
Pick your favorite park.
For local parks, refer to each municipality’s website
Fern Forest features several nature paths, including its elevated boardwalk overlooking a swamp, 201 Lyons Road S., Coconut Creek; 954-357-5198; Nature Trails & Free Entry at Fern Forest in North Broward, entry is free
Quiet Waters Park, includes a butterfly garden and nature path, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach; 954-357-5100; entry is free on weekdays, $1.50 entry weekends & holidays.
T-Y Park in Hollywood, includes tennis, picnic tables and a 2-mile paved path, primarily around a lake, for walking, running, biking and skateboarding, 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood; 954-357-8811; entry is free on weekdays, $1.50 for ages 5 & older holidays & weekends
Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is a lovely 2.5-mile length between waves rolling ashore and shops, hotels and restaurants
Fort Lauderdale Riverwalk is a delightful stretch along the New River from about Southwest Fifth Street east toward Federal Highway, incorporating Esplanade Park; Riverwalk in Fort Lauderdale offers scenic setting for walks & outdoor recreation
Outdoor Art Displays
Outdoor art displays are ideal for free excursions. Often, they’re perfect for fun photo ops.
Love Sculpture, Dania
“Let Love Guide Your Way” is a 25-foot sculpture outdoors in Dania Beach, 100 W. Dania Beach Blvd.
Delray Art Trail
Delray Art Trail features vibrant outdoor public art displays, art studios and other art venues in the downtown district. Log into the Art Trail on the website
Downtown Hollywood murals
Exciting paintings on exterior structures are featured in a free easily walkable route in Downtown Hollywood.
Other ideas for fun & entertainment
- Swap Shop flea market with variety of vendors indoors and outdoors, 3291 W. Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; Venue includes a Ferarri museum with free entry, 954-791-7927; information online
- Water Taxi in Fort Lauderdale offers deals. After 5 p.m., discounted Happy Hour fares are offered.
- Xtreme Action Park in Fort Lauderdale is an indoor arcade and recreation venue, 5300 Powerline Road, Fort Lauderdale 33309, 954-491-6265
- Boomers Boca Raton is an arcade and recreation park, 3100 Airport Road; 954-347-1888, promotions in February and other deals featured on Boomers website
- AllGolf includes mini golf course and a driving range at C.B. Smith Park, 950 N. Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines; 954-441-1333; website, fees apply. Holiday entry fees into park apply, $1.50 for ages 6 and older
- Flamingo Gardens in Davie features animals & lush foliage. Flamingo Gardens in Davie offers discounts
- $5 off & other deals @ Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, 954-977-4400; The attraction is in Tradewinds Park. Holiday and weekend fees for Tradewinds Park are $1.50 for ages 6 and older.