The National Park Trust‘s annual Kids to Parks Day – created to encourage families to explore the great outdoors – happens yearly on the third Saturday in May.
On Saturday, May 20, spend the day at local, state, and national parks and public lands at park events that promote discovery and exploration in the great outdoors. The National Park Trust encourages park organizers to Kids to host an event in a local park or encouraging your town to proclaim the day!
Sign up for South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. Follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The National Park Trust offers a free ParkPassport mobile app, to serve as the perfect companion for outdoor adventures. App users may earn digital badges, share photos, view live park webcams and more! The app is available through the Apple Store or Google Play.
You can also enjoy the outdoors on Miami's bike trails. There are plenty of them open that meander through the tree-lined paths of Old Cutler Road and Coconut Grove, or through the giant Rickenbacker Causeway bridge with endless water views. Read about the open bike trails by clicking here.
More Fun for Kids
- Butterfly Festival offers free rides & live bands
- Free Tri-Rail Fun Day in Dania Beach
- Free: Art & Jazz on the Avenue in Delray Beach
- Free TurtleFest event at Juno Beach
- Free Family Fun Day at History Fort Lauderdale
- Free outdoor yoga, vendor fairs & entertainment at Dania Pointe
- Farm in Davie offers pony rides, petting zoo & other fun
- Free Sunset Movie Night features ‘Soul,' at The Square in West Palm
- Free & cheap things to do this week in South Florida
- Free entry for World Fest in Weston