The National Park Trust‘s annual Kids to Parks Day – created to encourage families to explore the great outdoors – happens yearly on the third Saturday in May.
On Saturday, May 20, spend the day at local, state, and national parks and public lands at park events that promote discovery and exploration in the great outdoors. The National Park Trust encourages park organizers to Kids to host an event in a local park or encouraging your town to proclaim the day!
Sign up for South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. Follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The National Park Trust offers a free ParkPassport mobile app, to serve as the perfect companion for outdoor adventures. App users may earn digital badges, share photos, view live park webcams and more! The app is available through the Apple Store or Google Play.
You can also enjoy the outdoors on Miami’s bike trails. There are plenty of them open that meander through the tree-lined paths of Old Cutler Road and Coconut Grove, or through the giant Rickenbacker Causeway bridge with endless water views. Read about the open bike trails by clicking here.
More Fun for Kids
- Free & cheap things to do with kids this summer in South Florida
- Discount: Fairchild Garden’s ‘Dragons & Mythical Creatures’
- Wynwood Pride 2023 celebrates LGBTQ & ally community
- Free: Father’s Day weekend classic car show in Delray Beach
- Doral Yard features free & cheap live entertainment
- Free: Father’s Day ‘Downtown Drive Car Show’ in Boca Raton
- Free Apple camps for kids around South Florida
- Free: First Friday @ 5 concerts in Boynton Beach
- Free day at national parks on select holidays in 2023
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum free admission day