West Palm Beach’s holiday tree lighting will be back in 2021, kicking off a month’s worth of festivities celebrating the 10th birthday of Sandi, the city’s 35-foot, 700-ton holiday sand tree.
The Clematis by Night Holiday Tree Lighting will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021, and will include a concert by country music star Brooke Eden on the West Palm Beach Waterfront.
Nightly light shows will be 6 to 10 p.m. on the quarter hour every night from Dec. 2-31, 2021. The light shows, with music, will bring to life Sandi, Frankie the Fountain and their sand sculpture friends.
West Palm Beach is also planning these holiday events at the waterfront:
- Santa at Sandi. Children can visit Santa, safely inside a snow globe, and take free photos. Hours are 6-9 p.m. Dec. 2, 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 10 (following Sandi’s Story Time), and 9 a.m. to noon Dec. 18, during Sandi’s Pancake Breakfast at the GreenMarket. (Breakfast is $6 per person, with tickets required.)
- TEE-KI Time Mini Golf. The illuminated nine-hole course will be open from 6-9 p.m. Thursdays through Sunday. Cost is $3 per person.
- Sandi’s Story Time. Sandi will sing and read to children at 6 p.m. Dec. 10.
- Sunday on the Waterfront. The Aloha Islanders will perform their Tropical Holiday Spectacular from 4-7 p.m. Dec. 19. The event will include Sandi’s Conch Blowing Contest.
- New Year’s Eve. Light shows will run through midnight.
This year’s Holiday in Paradise community partner is the Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach, which is planning additional events, including a scavenger hunt to find Sandi’s friends on each floor of the library and a letter-writing station where kids can send cards to Sandi and receive a splashy response. You can find all the library events here.
Since her debut in 2012, Sandi has received numerous awards, including “Best New Event” and “Best Event within an Existing Festival” by the International Festivals and Events Association, “Most Innovative Project” by the Florida Festivals and Events Association and, most recently, a Henry Award from VISIT FLORIDA. Sandi has her own closely-followed social media accounts @Sanditreewpb.
What: Sandi Light Shows
When: December 2-31 from 6-10 p.m.
Where: Downtown at the Waterfront in West Palm Beach
Cost: Free to attend
For more information, please visit wpb.org