Have you ever driven to a Tri-Rail station only to find there were no open parking spots? That is the dread of many South Florida commuters. Finally, there is a new solution, and it’s free.
Now, Tri-Rail gets you there “all the way.”
Whether you are commuting to work, going shopping, catching a flight, visiting a museum, attending an event or just meeting up with friends, remember that traveling by train to your destination can be a safer, greener and more comfortable option. Learn how to get free connecting rides to and from select stations through its Ride Partner Service.
You will need to download the vouchers into your personal Uber account, where they will then appear in Uber Wallet.
Passengers requesting a Yellow Cab, including wheelchair accessible vehicles, must contact Yellow Cab at (954) 777-7777 and specify a Tri-Rail connection to have the trip payment covered.
Palm Beach County
Passengers requesting a Metro Taxi, including wheelchair accessible vehicles, must contact Metro Taxi at (561) 444-9999 and specify a Tri-Rail connection to have the trip payment covered. Read our related story about getting around in Palm Beach Co.
All taxi rides should be scheduled at least 30-minutes ahead of time and may be scheduled in advance for future days.
Cypress Creek Station passengers can download the Ride Freebee app for the on-demand electric shuttle service. If you do not have a smartphone, call 855-918-3733.
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport Shuttle Bus riders can get complimentary connection service for Tri-Rail passengers days a week.
Free Uber and Taxi rides are available from the following Tri-Rail stations:
- West Palm Beach
- Lake Worth
- Boca Raton
- Deerfield Beach
- Pompano Beach
- Cypress Creek
- Fort Lauderdale
- Sheridan Street
- Golden Glades (to/from any station)
- Miami Airport (to/from any station)
Other complimentary Tri-Rail Shuttles may be available at the following stations:
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Station
- Hollywood Station
- Opa-locka Station
- Metrorail Transfer Station
- Hialeah Market Station
Save money and plan your trip ahead. Call 1-800-Tri-Rail or visit Tri-Rail.com for more details, availability and schedules.
Tri-Rail Mobile App
With the recently updated Tri-Rail app, you’ll have all the information you need at your fingertips to get you where you want to go, including train schedules, mobile passes, real-time tracking and arrival times, system alerts, and much more. Download for FREE in the App Store or Google Play.
For information on fare discounts, please see the Discount Policy.
Click HERE to track Tri-Rail trains in real time.
More transportation tips
- Updated: Take a free ride on the Coral Gables Trolley
- Water Taxi in Fort Lauderdale offers Taxi Tunes & discounts
- Free electric vehicle stations in South Florida
- Tri-Rail offers $5 fares all day weekends & holidays
- Brightline: how to ride the trains and ways to save
- Affordable Miami Group Travel with a Charter Bus
- Free Water Trolley on New River in Fort Lauderdale
- Free DIY bike fix-it equipment at Weston parks
- Getting around Palm Beach County by bus, Tri-Rail, trolleys and more
- Free transportation in and around Miami