We’re looking for an editor for Miami-South Florida on the Cheap, the premier online magazine for how to live well on less in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The website focuses on free events and things to do, plus tips on how to save money.
The ideal candidate has a journalism background, is good at ferreting out information, and can give direction to writers as well as write stories. We’re looking for someone to be the face of South Florida on the Cheap, as well as raise the site’s visibility. Familiarity with WordPress is helpful, as is a deep knowledge of all three South Florida counties. The editor must live in Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach county.
This is a freelance, contract position. We estimate that this job will start at 10 hours a week, with the potential to grow.
- Skill at supervising, training and motivating people remotely
- Grammar and editing skills
- Knowledge of how to write headlines and copy for SEO
- WordPress proficiency and the ability to learn custom modifications
- Knowledge of how to use social media to grow website traffic
- Willingness to deal with sponsored content and affiliate content, as well as traditional journalism content
- Understanding of Google Analytics and other metrics
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.