Youth Arts in the Parks is an inclusive, socially-oriented arts program for children and youth ages 6-17 with and without disabilities (youth with disabilities welcome up to age 22). This fun and educational program teaches kids of all abilities visual arts, creative arts & movement, or animation arts in an out-of-school social setting. Classes are led by professional artists/art teachers, certified instructors and disability experts.
Sessions are held on Saturday mornings for 12 weeks, culminating with an end-of-session performance and exhibition.
Deadline to register for the spring sessions is Jan. 6, with orientation on Jan. 21. Classes will be 9:30-11:30 a.m. on Saturdays from Jan. 28 to April 22. Program cost: $30 for 12 weeks (which works out to be $2.50 a week for county residents).
Email: Dia@a4lmiami.org or call 305-576-1212, ext. 24 with questions.
Complete the online registration form HERE.
The following is a list of classes at local Miami-Dade parks:
- Animation Arts – Beginner (NORTH): Sandrell Rivers Theater, 6103 NW Seventh Ave., Miami, FL 33127
- Animation Arts – Beginner (SOUTH): West Kendall Regional Library, 10201 Hammocks Blvd., Miami, FL 33196
- Animation Arts – Intermediate/Advance (VIRTUAL): Zoom
- Creative Arts & Movement (CENTRAL): The Women’s Park, 10251 W. Flagler St., Miami, FL 33172
- Visual Arts (NORTH): Oak Grove Park, 690 NE 159th St., Miami, FL 33162
- Visual Arts (SOUTH): Camp Matecumbe, 13841 SW 120th St., Miami, FL 33186
Other free and cheap things to do
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Thursday, February 9, 2023
Friday, February 10, 2023
Saturday, February 11, 2023
Sunday, February 12, 2023
Monday, February 13, 2023
Tuesday, February 14, 2023