Mom gives you comfort, love and is always your go-to for … just about everything. On May 14, show them your appreciation.
Yes, it’s that time of the year. Mother’s Day is coming right up, so whether you’re honoring your mom or making plans to honor yourself (go ahead, you deserve it!), now is a good time to start thinking ahead and planning for that special day.
Here are a few ideas to help you with that!
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. Follow on Facebook and on Twitter.
SEND MOM A CARD
Cards are a must for Mother’s Day! If you’re feeling like you need to express yourself in writing now more than ever, send her a message of love and appreciation. After all, a card is a memento she can keep forever. And, best of all, Hallmark is providing free greeting cards now, so it’s a good time to take advantage of this deal.
Check out: Free Hallmark greeting cards
DIY ART TO MAKE FOR MOM
Young at HEART: Masterpieces Dedicated to Mom is part of a family-friendly presentation of the FRESCO art exhibition where kids can create a collaborative work of art dedicated to move with four professional female artists form the show. May 6 at 11 a.m., Lucid Design District, 10-12 NE 41 St. Click here for info.
GIVE MOM THE GIFT OF HOPE
Check out: 1-800-Flowers, which is giving 25 percent off flowers and gifts before May 10 with promo code EARLYMDAY25.
FTD find coupons, promos and discount codes for Mom’s special day. Click here for all the deals.
ProFlowers has a large selection of flower selections that won’t break the bank. Click here for all their flower arrangement and gift deals.
BE A SMART COOKIE
The iconic cookie company we all know, Mrs. Fields, has 30+ delicious options online for Mom, including cookie tins, chocolate-covered berries, coffee cakes and cookie cakes. Get 20 percent off on these baked-to-order items, which are available for delivery.
Check out: The Mrs. Fields website and use the code MOM when ordering.
SPECIAL MOTHER’S DAY MENUS
Do some good by supporting a local restaurant. Choose from specials and more in Miami and Broward. Also, check out some national specials, too.
- R House in Wynwood has a $56 per person brunch special with cayenne fried chicken, R Cuban breakfast croissant and cinnamon sweet French toast.
- Timpano Las Olas is offering a special of the day pan seared roasted bass with pickled ramps, forbidden rice, dates, toasted hazelnuts and preserved lemon veloute for $38, $20 wine pairing available. OpenTable for reservations.
- Wild Fork Foods is offering curated Mother’s Bundles at discounted prices like the Mother’s Day Brunch Bundle ($34.98) with smoked salmon, quiche lorraine and mini beignets or the Mother’s Day Surf & Turf Dinner Bundle ($54.98) with
More fun with Mom:
- Free entry for moms on Mother’s Day at Flamingo Gardens in Davie
- Head to Pinecrest Gardens for Family Garden Day on May 13
- Free admission for Mom on Mother’s Day at Treetop Trekking Miami at Jungle Island
- Enjoy free admission to Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) in Downtown as part of their Second Saturdays
- Butterfly World in Broward offers $5 off & other discounts
- Free Festival Polonaise for Polish American Day on Riverwalk
- Mother’s Day deal and Other Discounts at Historic Bonnet House in Fort Lauderdale
- Hollywood Broadwalk features Hollywood Bandshell offering free live entertainment