Free entry days & discounts offer a wonderful & frugal opportunity to play tourist in your own town. Many Museums in Broward offer free-entry days or discounts for groups, senior citizens, military and members of other museums.
Some venues are always free.
Broward museum deals & free-entry days are perfect for a rainy day, a wallet-friendly date , interesting solo excursion or an educational family activity.
Free entry days
Please verify entry-free day or deal is valid the day you want to attend. Occasional exceptions apply.
Plantation Historical Museum
Free entry, 511 N. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation 33317, 954-797-2722
NSU Art Museum in Fort Lauderdale, One E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, 954-525-5500, website
- Free entry first Thursdays of most months, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fort Lauderdale Neighbor Day, free entry for City of Fort Lauderdale residents fourth or fifth Sundays. Proof of address, including utility bill, and photo ID required
- First full weekends of each month, free entry for Bank of America patrons with debit or credit card from Bank of America, Merrill Lynch or US Trust. Photo ID required. Offer valid first full weekends of most months, read feature
- Regular entry fees are $12 for adults, $8 for seniors & military, $5 for students ages 13-17 & college students, free for 12 & younger, free for members and NSU students & staff
Museum of Discovery & Science, 401 SW 2nd St., Fort Lauderdale 33312, 954-467-6637, website
- Free entry for Bank of America patrons with debit or credit card from Bank of America, Merrill Lynch or US Trust. Photo ID required. Offer valid first full weekend days of most months, read feature
- Regular entry fees are $24 for adults & teens, $19 for ages 2-12
Stonewall National Museum, 1300 E. Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, website 954-763-8565
- free entry
- includes exhibits & events on LGBTQ themes
- 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. week days
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturdays
Art & Culture Center of Hollywood, 1650 Harrison St., Hollywood 954-921-3274
- Free entry day is usually third Sundays. Free entry includes art exhibits and often a family-friendly hands-on art project or activity. It’s wise to phone first & verify.
- Regular entry fees are $7 for adults, $4 for kids, students & seniors, free for , free ages 3 and younger, teachers, military & members
Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs 33065, 954-340-5000
Always Free entry, venue is inside Coral Springs Center for the Arts, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mondays, Fridays & Saturdays; 9 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays, website
Old Dillard Museum, 1009 NW 4th Street, Fort Lauderdale 33311, 754-322-8828, website
From website: “Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the museum’s goal is to promote the heritage of the first national African-American landmark in Broward County by preserving the building and its contents, providing enriching exhibitions and cultural activities, and supporting educational opportunities related to Black history.”
- Bonnet House historic museum & gardens in Fort Lauderdale, discounts offered include 2-for-1 deal, $3 off for Broward residents and for active military with identification & others. Read feature Bonnet House historic venue & gardens
Swimming Hall of Fame Museum, 1 Hall of Fame Drive, Fort Lauderdale 33316, 954-462-6536, website
Venue features Olympic medals, photos, swimsuits, videos, art/sculpture & other aquatic items
- discounted rates during aquatic renovation project — only gift shop & part of venue is open
- 2-for-1 entry LauderDEAL
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. week days
- discounted rates are $4 for adults, $2 students, $3 for seniors
Dauer Classic Cars, 10801 NW 50th St., Sunrise 33351, 954-748-6271
Entry is free for first responders and active U.S. military.
Regular entry fees are $6 for ages 4-14 & $12 for adults.
Other museums include
Young At Art Westfield Broward, 8000 West Broward Boulevard, Plantation 33388
11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Wednesdays – Sundays
$8 entry, free for members
Island SPACE Caribbean museum, Westfield Broward, 8000 West Broward Boulevard, Plantation 33388, website
Description: “…artifacts, iconic paraphernalia, cultural relics and historical data and fine art representing South Florida’s Caribbean communities.”
- outside entrance @ next to main mall northeast entrance with fountain
- $10 for adults, $5 for ages 12 & younger
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Thursdays – Sundays
Old Davie School, 6650 Griffin Road, Davie 33314, 954-797-1044, website
- $10 for teens & adults, $7 for ages 5 – 12, $7 for seniors
- Tours offered with appointment
Deals at Attractions
- Butterfly World in North Broward offers $5-off, 2-for-1 & other discount opportunities, read our feature or website
- Flamingo Gardens in Davie offers 2-for-1 deal & discounted rate of $17.56 for seniors age 65 & older, veterans, military, college students with ID, AAA members & AARP members & Flamingo Gardens, read our feature or website
More Free & Cheap Things to Do
Sunday, December 4, 2022
Monday, December 5, 2022
Tuesday, December 6, 2022