This year’s All Kids Included Family Arts Festival will take place virtually throughout several weeks.
Presented by The South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center, the 14th annual event for children and families of all abilities kicks off on Sept. 4. And it’s free!
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
This year’s theme celebrates courage, difference and friendship and is centered around the illustrated book, “The Boy Who Grew Flowers.”
Each component of the festival is designed to be accessible, utilizing technology such as closed-captioning, Audio Description and ASL interpretation.
Event highlights include:
- A performance to “The Boy Who Grew Flowers” by the Treehouse Shakers dance and theater company.
- An online art gallery.
- Interactive art activities including collage-making and self-portraits.
- A variety of interactive musical workshops with groups like Guitars Over Guns, Greater Miami Youth Symphony and South Florida Center for Percussive Arts.
- An inclusion theater project with Area Stage Company.
- Magic tricks with the Hocus Pocus Magic Club.
- Dance performances by Karen Peterson, Thomas Armour Youth Ballet and Dancers and Ballet at the Park.
Click here to view the entire festival schedule.
More Virtual Entertainment
- July Fourth fireworks, parades & events
- Get ready for Florida Supercon this month
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami & South Florida
- Free live music at Government Center
- Things to do with kids this summer (free, low-cost & deals)
- Food festivals: Feast on fun & fabulous flavors
- Florida Freedom Week Tax-Free event for recreation & tickets
- Dolphin Mall offers ‘Bubble Fest’ and Artisan Show
- ‘Brévo for Broadway’ offers exclusive discount for show
- Secret Woods in Dania offers free entry, free parking & nature walks