Drive-ins offer an opportunity for an entertaining evening out. Watch a movie inside your own vehicle. Turn on the radio for sound. Some venues sell snacks or food trucks are on site. Others recommend packing your own refreshments.
Some parks & other venues offer films outdoors on inflatable screens. Often, entry is free. Occasionally, prior registration is required, and usually events are offered, weather permitting.
With occasional shifts in schedules, it’s wise to verify an event is on prior to venturing out.
Masks & distancing requirements might be in effect.
Drive-in movies & outdoor movies in Broward include:
Free Outdoor movies in Hollywood
Free family-friendly films outdoors in ArtsPark on Hollywood Boulevard and Federal Highway in Hollywood. Bring lawn chair or blanket, movies are usually 8 p.m. Fridays, verify on Hollywood website
No movie November 26
Please return to this page. We’ll add information when list of movies is released.
Free outdoor family-friendly films in Weston
- December 10 7:30 p.m. “Space Jam”
Outdoor films are in Weston Regional Park, 20200 Saddle Club Road, Weston
Information: website, 954-389-4321
Outdoor films in Deerfield
- “Grinch,” 7 p.m. December 10, Middle School Athletic complex, 501 SE Sixth Avenue, Deerfield 33441, website
- “Jungle Cruise” 7 p.m. January 14, beach parking lot, 149 SE 21st Avenue, Deerfield Beach 33441
Outdoor films in Plantation
- December 17 “Grinch” entry opens @ 5:30 p.m. Volunteer Park, 12050 W. Sunrise Blvd., Plantation 33324, 954-452-2558
- January 21 “Raya & The Last Dragon” entry opens @ 5:30 p.m., community center, 5555 Palm Tree Road, Plantation 33317, 954-797-2180
- February 18 “Space Jam A New Legacy” entry opens @ 5:30 p.m. community center, 301 NW 46th Avenue, Plantation 33317
Bring blankets. Refreshments for sale. Cash only.
Outdoor films @ Las Olas Oceanside Park, Fort Lauderdale
- “”How The Grinch Stole Christmas” 6:30 p.m. December 2
- “Nutcracker & The Four Realms” 6:30 p.m. December 9
- “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” December 16
Las Olas Oceanside Park, 3000 E. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale
- Reserve free tickets online
- Feel free to supply your own picnics, lawn seats, and blankets.
- No alcohol
- Please refrain from smoking within the viewing area.
- Parent or guardian must accompany kids 17 and younger
Swap Shop drive-in theater, 3291 W. Sunrise Boulevard, Lauderhill 33311
- Prices are $7 for ages 12 and older, $2 for ages 5 to 11 and free for 4 and younger
- 9 outdoor screens
- Tune into sound via FM radio
- information online or 954-791-7927
- discount opportunity — website occasionally features voucher for free entry for 1 person per vehicle Mondays & Tuesdays
Drive-in Movies in Miami-Dade
- North Miami’s Dezerland Park outdoor area was transformed into a drive-in theater over a month ago – and it’s been a big hit with movie fans. New movies are shown at 5 and 8 p.m. Saturdays at 14401 NE 19th Ave., North Miami
- Miami Youth Fair grounds at Coral Way and 109th Avenue, $11 for adults, free for ages 15 & younger, information online
- Hard Rock Stadium, usually home to the Miami Dolphins and University of Miami Hurricanes football teams, has also been converted into a drive-in theater. Pack the gang into your vehicle and watch classic movies and classic film clips from the Dolphins’ 54-year history. For more information, click here
- $5 drive-in movies at Doral Central Park
Read Other Features
- Summer kids’ movies $1.50 at Cinemark
- $1 family-friendly movies at Regal in South Florida
- Fun, entertainment & events outdoors in Broward
More Free and Cheap Entertainment
Monday, December 6, 2021
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Friday, December 10, 2021
Saturday, December 11, 2021
Sunday, December 12, 2021
Hollywood, FL 33020