Enjoy a day’s worth of Japanese-themed activities during the winter Japanese Festival May 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Ichimura-Miami Japanese Garden on Watson Island in Miami.
The free festival celebrates the culture that inspired the host site’s Japanese Garden and includes:
• Authentic Tea Ceremony (Ticket Purchase Here)
• Martial Arts Demonstrations
- Musical Performances by Ms. Ellen Ogihara, violin & Mr. Anthony Corbo, viola
- Kendo Demonstration: Presented by the Institute of Budo Studies. Kendo is known as Japanese fencing.
- Iaido Demonstration: by the Institute of Budo Studies. Iaido is an ancient “Quick Draw” sword art
- Taiko Drummers, featuring Yoshiko Taiko Dojo
- Fun and colorful Cosplay Costume Contests
1101 MacArthur Causeway, Watson Island, Miami Fl 33139