Celebrate the summer solstice with Make Music Miami (MMM) and make the longest day of the year a special one with performances from local musicians!
MMM is the Miami edition of Make Music Day, which takes place June 21 and is billed as “a free celebration of music around the world.” There will be a variety of in-person concerts throughout South Florida.
The 2022 Miami edition of the global event will feature unique ways that everyone can encounter music. You can either be part of the event or partake in a special project.
“Every kind of musician — young and old, amateur and professional, of every musical persuasion — pours onto streets, parks, plazas, and porches to share their music with friends, neighbors, and strangers. All of it is free and open to the public,” according to the MMM website.
If you can’t make the live performances, be sure to check the official Facebook page for livestreams and updates!
Attend Free Live Concerts
- On the Lincoln 1111 Stage, Simon Benegas will kick off a live concert followed by performances from the Purpleberry Jam, Lilly Blanco, Lone Wolf OMB, Sean Dibble, JJ Feire, and Alejandro Sierra. Each will have an hourlong set. Performances will take place from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. at 1111 Lincoln Road.
- Head to Euclid Circle where you’ll find the musical stylings of The Barely Damned and Damian J Project presents the TRAD305. Performances will take place from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. at 1623 Euclid Ave.
- Hear Latin Pop singer Cesar Paniagua belt out his songs for an hourlong concert on Busker Spot #5. Performance will take place from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. at 904 Lincoln Road.
- Blues lovers will enjoy Leif Erickson’s set at Busker Spot #6. Performance will take place from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 1014 Lincoln Road.
- There’s nothing better than rising with the sound of music to get your day going. Lummus Park will start their performances with Marcus Ernesto del Risco Pupo followed by Lilly Blanco. Performances will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1001 Ocean Drive.
- Margaret Pace Park will start the day off with a concert by singer/songwriter Christopher Luv. Performances will take place from 10:00 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 1745 N. Bayshore Drive.
- Normandy Fountain Plaza will host an evening of music with performances by Timothy LaRoque, DuckRomero, Ex Norwegian, and Alexa Lash. Performances take place from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at 7802 Rue Vendome.
- This year the Dunns Josephine Hotel joins the lineup with performances every 45 minutes. Performances will take place from 11 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 1028 NW 3 Ave.
- Paul Walker Park will be celebrating all day long with a new performance every hour and 30 minutes. Performances will take place from 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. at 46 West Flagler Street.
- Discover Brickell’s new Underline Sound Stage at Brickell Backyard, where passersby will get a taste of music from Isabella Velasquez, Blue Talisman, THE TRAD305, and Quiana Major. Performances will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at southwest First Avenue and Eighth Street.
- North Beach Bandshell will host one special performance by Delgres from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 7275 Collins Ave.
- If you’re in Dania Beach make sure to catch the performance by Mr. E & MLE from 3:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. at My Mama’s located at 218 E Dania Beach Blvd.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, and Instagra
More free and cheap music events this week
Sunday, January 29, 2023
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Thursday, February 2, 2023
Friday, February 3, 2023
Saturday, February 4, 2023
Miami-Dade County Multiple Locations