Relax in lovely outdoor spaces in South Florida. Native and exotic foliage is on display in Broward gardens & forests.
Soak in nature’s sights, sounds, scents. Delight in the antics of birds and other wildlife.
For some venues, entry and parking are free. For others, entry fees &/or parking fees apply.
Please follow mask & distancing requirements.
Gardens in Broward include
Deerfield Beach Arboretum
Features native and exotic trees and plants from around the world. Includes flowering tropical trees, palms, wetlands and others, 2841 W. Hillsboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-480-4494, free entry
Plantation Botanical Garden
Includes walking trail, playground, and exercise stations, 501 N. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation 33317, website
Venue features over 50 species of palms & trees native to Florida and other parts of the world. It also includes a Windharp sculpture that evokes sound when wind flows through the strings.
Flamingo Gardens, Davie
Features over 3,000 species of exotic, tropical, subtropical, and native plants. Includes walking paths with sculptures on display within foliage, tram tours, flamingo pond and assorted other animals in its wildlife sanctuary. Venue occasionally includes entertainment, festivals, and exhibits. Fees apply, 3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie 33330. Information is on the website or 954-473-2955, & open 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with entry required by 4 p.m. Read feature Flamingo Gardens in Davie
Historic Bonnet House, Fort Lauderdale
Description of gardens: “Native barrier island habitat … Five distinct ecosystems… on the property including the Atlantic Ocean beach and primary dune, a fresh water slough, the secondary dune which includes the house site, mangrove wetlands, and a maritime forest Desert Garden composed of arid plantings, a hibiscus garden…”
Entry for gardens is $10. Entry into historic Bonnet House is extra. Information is on the website. Bonnet House is at 900 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, 954-563-5393, Read Feature Discounts at Historic Bonnet House & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale
Some Broward Parks feature butterfly gardens, with an emphasis on foliage butterflies like
- Secret Woods , 2701 W. State Road 84, Dania 33312, 954-357-8884, free entry & free parking
- Quiet Waters, 401 S. Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach 33442, 954-357-5100, free entry & free parking week days, $1.50 per person age 6 & older holidays & weekends
- Markham Park, 16001 West State Road 84, Sunrise 33326, 954-357-5143, free entry & free parking week days, $1.50 per person age 6 & older holidays & weekends
Read about other Broward Parks
Miramar Botanical Garden
Outside of Miramar Cultural Center, 2300 Civic Center Place 33025, garden includes benches overlooking lake & display of murals, free entry, website
Forests in Broward
- Fern Forest, features several nature paths, including its elevated boardwalk into cypress/maple swamp, 201 Lyons Road South, Coconut Creek 33063, 954-357-5198, read feature Nature Trails & Free Entry at Fern Forest in North Broward
- Secret Woods, includes a boardwalk overlooking the New River, and assorted other nature walks, 2701 W. State Road 84, Dania Beach 33312, 954-357-8884, read feature Secret Woods in Dania offers free entry, free parking & delightful nature walk
Please return to this feature. We’re adding other venues.
Read Other Features for Outdoor Fun
Watercraft rentals in Broward parks
Ideas for Outdoor Recreation in Broward