It’s been a while, but Miami Children’s Museum has finally reopened to the public!
The nonprofit educational institution, at 980 MacArthur Causeway, has changed its schedule for the time being, though – offering only weekends this month. We’ll stay tuned to see when the schedule expands.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
During quarantine, Miami Children’s offered “Museum at Home” programs online, with activities via videos, step-by-step guides and more.
Now that it has reopened, it has set up a contactless e-ticketing system that requires patrons to select a two-hour play session and make their purchase in advance. The time sessions are designed to limit visitor capacity, allowing for social distancing.
- 10 a.m.–noon
- 1–3 p.m.
- 4–6 p.m.
According to the official website announcement: “Miami Children’s Museum is CDC compliant and has made changes to keep you, your family, and our staff safe and healthy. Some of the new protocols are probably obvious to you in this stage of the pandemic, affecting hours of operation, admission procedures, exhibit availability, occupancy, and more.”
Cost: $22 for general public; free for museum members and children younger than 1. The museum offers a discount for Florida residents – at the price of $15 if you present a valid State of Florida ID.
For more information, click here or call 305-373-KIDS (5437).
What about other museums?
There are other museums around Miami that have reopened. Want to know which ones? Click here for the details!
Want info on more kids’ programming? Goldcoast Railroad Museum is free on the first Saturday of the month. Click here for details.
More fun for kids
- Get ready for the Summer Reading Challenge 2021
- Kids bowl free of charge this summer
- Free & cheap things to do in Miami this week
- Miami Children’s Museum reopens, offers Florida discount
- Free family day at Coral Gables Museum
- Summer Savings Pass returns: 3 attractions for 1 price
- Free entry to national parks on certain dates
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair rescheduled for fall 2021
- Free homework, tutoring help from Miami-Dade library system
- Can’t make it to library? Check out a Bookmobile or Technobus near you!