Florida’s Hollywood offers lots of interesting events, entertainment and unique attractions. Lots are free.
Downtown Hollywood offers a quaint, walkable district with art studios, restaurants & shops. The downtown district also features ArtsPark, which offers free outdoor films and festivals. Hollywood Beach includes a pedestrian promenade and live entertainment oceanfront at Hollywood Beach bandshell.
In downtown & beach districts, fees for parking usually apply.
- November 13 ArtsPark Live, Swing Dancing with professionals & novices, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. featuring live entertainment including The Swing All-Stars, ArtPark on Hollywood Boulevard & Federal Highway, Hollywood, free
- November 13, 14, 20 & 21 Renaissance festival, Read feature: Camelot Days festival in Hollywood offers discount opportunities
- November 19 Holiday lighting festivities & Santa 7 p.m. at ArtsPark, Hollywood, on Hollywood Boulevard and Federal Highway
- December 11 Christmas Near The beach, Festivities include a variety show, vendors and food trucks. Snag a photo with Santa. At his beach house. 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. at ArtsPark Amphitheater, on Hollywood Boulevard at Federal Highway, entry is free, website
- December 12 Caribbean Food & Rum Festival, with discount opportunity. Entertainment includes Third World, Patrick Roberts, Peter Ram, Alison Hinds & others. Information & discount link, read Food, Wine & Rum festivals
Hollywood Beach Bandshell
Free live entertainment usually 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Wednesdays – Sundays
For who’s performing when, read Free live music Hollywood Beach bandshell
Free outdoor movies
Free family-friendly films outdoors in ArtsPark on Hollywood Boulevard and Federal Highway in Hollywood. Bring lawn chair or blanket, movies are usually 8 p.m. Fridays
Downtown Hollywood ArtWalk
Watch a talented artist paint with his foot to the rhythm of live drumming. It’s a popular feature @ Downtown Hollywood ArtWalk events, usually 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. third Saturdays, ArtWalk events often includes live entertainment & artisan vendors, read feature
Free entry days at Art & Culture Center
Entry is free third Sundays. Venue features art exhibits and occasionally interactive family activities. Read Free entry day at Art & Culture Center of Hollywood, 1650 Harrison Street, Hollywood. Regular fees are $7 for adults, $4 for kids, students, and senors. Free entry for teachers and United States active military with ID.
Dream Car Classic
Dream Car Classic, downtown Hollywood, usually 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. first Sundays, 1900 block of Hollywood Boulevard, 33020, free entry unless registering a vehicle, which is $20, 954-825-1027, website
Fun & Interesting Venues in Hollywood
Lovely park on Hollywood Boulevard and Federal Highway in Downtown Hollywood with art studios, a fountain, playground, splash pad, walking path, and distinctive trees from Africa — baobabs. Entry is free.
TY Park in Hollywood, includes tennis, picnic tables & a 2-mile paved path primarily around a lake for walking, running, biking & skateboarding, 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood 33021, 954-357-8811, TY Park in Hollywood is lovely venue for outdoor exercise & relaxation. Free entry & free parking week days. Weekend & holiday fees are $1.50 per person for ages 6 & older
Downtown Hollywood murals
About 30 original works of art are painted on buildings in an easily walkable route. The display includes artists from South Florida & other parts of the world. Murals are on Harrison Street, Hollywood Boulevard, 19th Avenue & 20th Avenue & other side streets. Read feature
Hollywood Beach Broadwalk
Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is a 2.5-mile pedestrian promenade between waves rolling ashore and shops, hotels & restaurants. Parking fees apply.
Yellow Green market
Popular venue with independent food vendors, artisan vendors, & outdoor seating, 3080 Sheridan Street,
Hollywood 33021, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturdays & Sundays, free & paid parking, website
Quaint walkable low-rise downtown with independent shops, restaurants and galleries. Includes Hollywood Boulevard, Harrison Street and side streets from 22nd Avenue to about 14th Avenue.