Outdoor films have become all the rage lately.
Probably why organizers of the Miami Short Film Festival have chosen the outdoor garden setting of Deering Estate to host their event on Sept. 20. Gates open at 5:30 p.m., and the screening begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15.
As with all outdoor events, face coverings and social distancing are required and group gatherings are limited to 10 people. Blankets, lawn chairs and small picnic baskets are encouraged and welcomed.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
Ranging from a short two minutes to as long as 18 minutes, the six films to be shown are from the United States and around the world. The line-up features:
- “En Las Nubes,” an Argentinian film by Marcelo Mitnik about managing intimacy, love and marriage proposals during the time of YouTube.
- “The Barry and Ro Show,” by American Jordan Liebowitz, set in the 1970s about married television stars shooting a promo for their variety show.
- “La Loteria,” an American film by Shahir Daud about a man recalling his three biggest regrets in life.
- “The Interviewer,” an Australian film by Genevieve Clay about the goings on during a man’s job interview.
- “Aashpordha,” an Indian film by Anirban Roy about a rebellious 13-year-old and her strict Dad.
- “God of Love,” an American film by Luke Matheny about a darts champion whose luck in love changes after receiving a special gift.
More for Film Lovers
There are lots and lots of drive-in options for you around Miami. See our comprehensive list of choices from Florida City to Wynwood and West Dade to Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens. Click here to get all the details.
Also, indie cinemas are still going strong with their choice of films. O Cinema, Tower Theater and Coral Gables Art Cinema are all worth checking out. Click here for full details.
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Sunday, September 20, 2020
Monday, September 21, 2020
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Friday, September 25, 2020
Miami, FL 33157