Vintage fire truck. Everglades display. In addition to exhibits, Plantation Historical Museum offers occasional fun events and activities.
Entry, activities and parking are free. Winter Wonderland in November and December includes dozens of decorated trees and other holiday displays and occasional events with live entertainment.
Events in 2023 include
- Winter Wonderland exhibit
- 1 p.m. May 20 1950s trivia
- 1 p.m. May 27 name that tune
- 1 p.m. June 10 1960s trivia
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. June 17 Juneteenth event includes activities and projects for kids
- 1 p.m. June 24 1960s Karaoke
- 1 p.m. July 15 Star Wars fun
- 1 p.m. July 22 name that tune
- 1 p.m. August 5 1980s bingo
- 1 p.m. August 19 1980s trivia
- 1 p.m. September 16 1990s bingo
- 1 p.m. September 23 trivia
The museum usually is open 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, with occasional exceptions. Donations are accepted.
Plantation Historical Museum, 954-797-2722, is at 511 N. Fig Tree Lane, Plantation 33317. It's wise to verify it's open the day you are interested in.