What better way to enjoy your lunchtime break than to sit outside while the temps are refreshing and nibble to the relaxing tunes of jazz? Now you can, through March, every Thursday for 75-90 minutes starting around noon in the park … and it's free!
Thursdays through March 30
Alamo Park is on the campus of Jackson Memorial Hospital at 1151 NW 16th Street, Miami.
The Miami Jazz Cooperative presents Jazz and More at Jackson, free lunchtime concerts in Alamo Park in the heart of Miami's Health District.
Jazz (and more) at Jackson is a collaboration of Jackson Health System, Miami-Dade Department of Cultural Affairs, and the Miami Jazz Cooperative. Jazz at Jackson is currently limited to winter months when the weather is conducive to sitting outside.
Alamo Park is a shaded, cool space where the lunchtime concert series will be presented, all free to the public and the greater Miami community.
Here's the lineup:
- Jan. 12: Kate Hamann Quintet
- Jan. 19: Oriente
- Jan. 26: Uproot Hootenanny
- Feb. 2: Debbie Orta Quartet
- Feb. 9: Martin Hand Quartet
- Feb. 16: UM Frost R & B Ensemble
- Feb. 23: Glyn Dryhurst Celebration of Mardi Gras
- March 2: New World Symphony Ensemble
- March 9: LeNard Rutledge
- March 16: Matt Wigler Boogie Woogie Festival
- March 23: Gary Keller Organ Trio
- March 30: Miami Big Sound Orchestra
According to Rick Katz, one of the organizers, “There is free parking for two hours in the green garage at Jackson Hospital, which is only about 50 yards away from the park.”