The historic Bonnet House & Gardens in Fort Lauderdale, which is on the National Register of Historic Places, offers opportunities for discounts and occasional events.
Discounts at Bonnet House include
- $3 off for Broward residents with ID
- $10 for gardens only
- Family Day 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. March 18 $12.50 for adults, free for Broward teachers and ages 13 and younger. Feature: Family Day at Bonnet House
- Museums for All: $3 per person for up to 4 with EBT card and photo I.D.
- discounts for groups of at least 15. Reservations required at least two weeks early, 954-703-2606
- Usually deals are offered during summer
The attraction is open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays to Fridays and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends. Free parking on-site.
Description from the website: “whimsical house where fish sculptures rise in the air, shells have their own museum and shady nature trails invite you to search for playful monkeys in the trees…”
Description of gardens from website: “… native barrier island habitat. Five distinct ecosystems can be found on the property including the Atlantic Ocean beach and primary dune, a fresh water slough, the secondary dune which includes the house site, mangrove wetlands, and a maritime forest.”
Regular prices are $25 for adults, $8 for ages 6 to 17, & free for 5 and younger. For gardens without access inside, entry is $10.
Information is on the website. Bonnet House is at 900 N. Birch Road, Fort Lauderdale, 954-563-5393
Venue includes a gift shop featuring sunglasses, serving pieces, decor, jewelry, purses and other items.