It might be too hot for gardening in South Florida, but there’s never a bad time to learn something new!
The University of Florida/IFAS Extension in Manatee County is presenting a free online discussion next month on “Native Plants for the Home Landscape.”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
The Zoom webinar – set for 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Friday, June 12 – will focus on the types of Florida native plants that can work well for homes in particular areas. Participants can learn about the benefits of these plants, including their help sustaining pollinators and other wildlife.
“Native plants can be very beautiful and quite beneficial but are still rather underused in the average landscape,” according to the Facebook page.
The UF/IFAS Manatee County Extension Service aims to provide unbiased, research-based education in a variety of areas. It also has planned a webinar on Thursday, May 28, on “Backyard Vegetable Gardening,” but that session has reached its capacity.
So if you’re interested in the June session, you might want to act fast!
For more information, click here.
To register for the webinar, click here. You need to go the area that reads: “Find Tickets.”
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Monday, May 25, 2020
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Friday, May 29, 2020
Saturday, May 30, 2020
More Useful Resources
- Memorial Day deals and freebies in Miami
- Free gardening webinar on Florida native plants
- Stressed? Sad? Worried? Mental health assistance is available
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Free food distributions: See if you’re eligible!
- Bakers and chefs selling directly to the public
- Watch Home Design and Remodeling Show online
- Miami’s city parks reopen, but watch for restrictions
- Free singing e-cards from celebrities
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical