The outpouring of initiatives to help those in need has been extraordinary.
Here’s one of the latest efforts: Walmart has partnered with the social networking service Nextdoor to operate the “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” program, which coordinates with member cities to help vulnerable members of the community get groceries and needed supplies.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
The program has a two-fold approach. People who are shuttered at home can reach out through Nextdoor, connect with a neighbor who has a planned shopping trip, and ask that person to pick up essentials for them. Or, those neighbors who are going shopping can offer to pick up groceries and essentials for a vulnerable neighbor.
Get all the details on “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” by clicking here.
Offering to help is as simple as downloading the Nextdoor app on your smartphone (iOS or Android), clicking on the “Groups” tab and sharing a message on the Group Chat for your neighborhood Walmart, which is pinned at the top of the page.
Once in the group chat, Nextdoor members can indicate if they can shop on someone’s behalf or need shopping done for them.
Check Nextdoor’s “Help Map” to see store locations and hours for those participating in the program.
More Food Resources
- Election Day 2020 freebies & deals
- Halloween restaurant deals & freebies in Miami – UPDATED
- Free Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell – today only!
- Deals for National Sandwich Day on Nov. 3
- Red Lobster serves up affordable Daily Deals
- Veterans Day events & food specials in Miami
- Last week for Miami Spice deals!
- Free Publix recipes for Croissant Tres Leches French Toast, Plantain Chicken & more
- Krispy Kreme’s ‘Sweet-or-Treat’ Saturdays: A dozen doughnuts for $1
- Best pizza deals in Miami: Cicis, BJ’s Brewhouse & more