Vizcaya Museum and Gardens is open and offering you a fun volunteer opportunity.
If you’re into gardening, now you can assist horticulturist David Hardy and his crew with special projects around the property, at 3251 S. Miami Ave. The goal is for you to help “enhance the visual appearance and natural environment” of Vizcaya while learning from the experts in the process.
Sessions are available from 9-11 a.m. on three dates: July 16, Aug. 6 and Aug. 20. To register, click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
On the Facebook page, Vizcaya has posted the following regulations:
- All volunteers are required to bring and wear masks.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required at all times, with the exception of families.
- Gloves will be provided. When possible, it is appreciated for volunteers to bring their own.
- Highly recommended for volunteers to bring water bottles, sun lotion and insect repellant.
- To minimize touch points, the work will not require tools or sharing of any items.
For more information, visit the official website at Vizcaya.org.
Want more Vizcaya news?
Want more volunteer opportunities?
See what else is available by visiting: Handsonmiami.org
More useful resources
- Miami’s best thrift stores for bargain hunters – updated
- Hallmark: Get free greeting card every month
- Financial assistance to Miami-Dade residents through local program
- Miami Spa Months: Pamper yourself with great deals – New spas added!
- Back-to-School: Events & freebies in Miami
- Pollo Tropical: Free meals for kids, plus new app and curbside pick-up
- Back-to-School: Freebies, deals & more to honor teachers
- Free meals for Miami-Dade students during summer break: New location added
- Free food help for seniors in South Florida
- Free food distributions in South Florida