If you love to garden, is there a better place to do your thing than at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens?
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
The gorgeous Miami attraction offers volunteer opportunities from 9-11 a.m. every Thursday and every first and third Saturdays. Activities include working with orchids in the greenhouse, planting in the gardens, and conducting cleanups in the mangroves.
Please note: Vizcaya has put in place the following regulations:
- All volunteers are required to bring and wear masks.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required at all times, with the exception of families.
- Gloves will be provided. When possible, it is appreciated for volunteers to bring their own.
- Highly recommended for volunteers to bring water bottles, sun lotion and insect repellant.
- To minimize touch points, the work will not require tools or sharing of any items.
Want more Vizcaya news?
Want more volunteer opportunities?
See what else is available by visiting: Handsonmiami.org
More useful resources
- Saturday event: Free pet vaccines & more for Miami-Dade residents affected by pandemic
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade – UPDATED
- Applebee’s having a hiring event – plus other Miami job postings!
- Miami-Dade transit fares returning (but there are some discounts)
- What’s open/closed in Miami? Check status here
- Free pet food: See if you’re eligible
- Check out Miami On The Cheap’s special coupons page
- Special offers for teachers – UPDATED
- IKEA meatballs recipe: Make this fave at home!
- Free lamination of COVID cards available, if you so choose …