If you love to garden, is there a better place to do your thing than at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens?
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
The gorgeous Miami attraction offers volunteer opportunities from 9-11 a.m. every Thursday and every first and third Saturdays. Activities include working with orchids in the greenhouse, planting in the gardens, and conducting cleanups in the mangroves.
Please note: Vizcaya has put in place the following regulations:
- All volunteers are required to bring and wear masks.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required at all times, with the exception of families.
- Gloves will be provided. When possible, it is appreciated for volunteers to bring their own.
- Highly recommended for volunteers to bring water bottles, sun lotion and insect repellant.
- To minimize touch points, the work will not require tools or sharing of any items.
Want more Vizcaya news?
Want more volunteer opportunities?
See what else is available by visiting: Handsonmiami.org
More useful resources
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade
- Check out Miami On The Cheap’s special coupons page
- Free spay/neuter services for pets
- Hallmark: How to get 12 free greeting cards
- After-school programs: Check out these affordable options in Miami
- Special deals, freebies for teachers
- Publix: Get pet medications at the pharmacy
- Sam’s Club: Get Groupon special offer
- Free food distributions in South Florida
- Comparing drugstore card perks: Rite-Aid vs. CVS vs. Walgreens