This year’s Hyundai Air & Sea Show will be presented … as a U.S. Coast Guard flyover on Saturday, May 23, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The “National Salute to America’s Heroes” can be followed live on its Facebook page.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
In addition to honoring fallen military personnel, the flyover – like the recent U.S. Navy Blue Angels flyover – will honor first-responders and health-care professionals by soaring over hospitals across South Florida.
You can watch on Facebook as a USCG MH-65 helicopter and USCG C-144 aircraft take off from the U.S. Coast Guard station in Miami and fly over 16 South Florida Hospitals. Click here to see the minute-by-minute schedule.
If you live near any of the hospitals, perhaps you can see them in person, but the public is encouraged to watch live on the Facebook page listed above.
Starting 40 minutes before at 11:20, four F-16 fighter jets from 482nd Fighter Wing Air Force Reserve Command will be doing their own flyover. This flyover, called “America Strong South Florida” organized by the Homestead Air Reserve Base, will take the fighter jets over more than 30 hospitals from the Keys to West Palm Beach. Click here for details and see the flight path and scheduled times below.
Military personnel who fought for our country, health-care providers and first-responders … we salute you!
OTHER WAYS TO HONOR MEMORIAL DAY
Memorial Day ceremonies won’t happen in person this year, but there are several virtual events planned in Miami and nationwide.
To check out our list of Memorial Day events, click here.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Tap! Tap!: Virtual Haití Book Festival kicks off May 30
- Drive-ins: Go out and enjoy movies, live music
- Hard Rock Stadium turning into drive-in!
- Dezerland Park invites you to new drive-in theater
- Virtual 5K Run: Sign up to join WE RUN MIAMI!
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick & grab a Fandango party pack
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Vizcaya gardens has reopened to the public
- Life is a Cabaret! at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center virtual sessions
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Monday, June 1, 2020
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Friday, June 5, 2020
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Sunday, June 7, 2020