Battling boredom while stuck at home? Here’s an easy way to avoid the trap of binge watching shows and movies on one of your many streaming services. How about taking in some culture with a virtual tour of a famous museum?
Google Arts & Culture teamed up with over 2500 museums and galleries around the world to bring anyone and everyone virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world.
Google Arts & Culture’s collection includes the British Museum in London, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Guggenheim in New York City, and literally hundreds of more places where you can gain knowledge about art, history, and science. This collection is especially good for students who are looking for ways to stay on top of their studies while schools are closed.
Take a look at just some of Google’s top museums that are offering online tours and exhibits. Museums around the world are also sharing their most zen art on social media to help people cope with staying home. And if that’s not enough culture for you, New York’s Metropolitan Opera will be offering free digital shows every night at 7:30 p.m. from through March 22. Now you can even go “outside” with incredible virtual tours of some of America’s best national parks.
Here are additional posts on passing the time while home:
More Virtual Entertainment
- Miami-Dade County Auditorium postpones free ‘Drive-Through Theatre Experience’
- Veggies & herbs you can grow inside in summer
- Open or closed? See what’s what in Miami-Dade – UPDATED
- Orchestra Miami’s annual Beethoven on the Beach goes virtual
- Deering Estate’s new deal: BOGO general admission
- Stream ‘Hamilton’ with original Broadway cast
- Josef Gingold Chamber Music Festival of Miami features world-class concerts virtually
- Arsht@Home gives you VIP access to art, music & more!
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami UPDATED
- 28 free & cheap dog-friendly parks in Miami-Dade