One of the best deals around in Miami is through an organization called Culture Shock Miami. Through Culture Shock, students 13 to 22 can get discount tickets to numerous cultural performances in Miami for only $5 each. Best of all, each student can buy another ticket, and anyone of any age can use the second ticket. That means two students can take two parents, and the whole family can see a show for just $20.
Culture Shock also has standing discounts to various museums and attractions that are usually expensive to visit, allowing students to purchase two tickets for $2.50 each.
The availability of tickets vary, but the $2.50 admission tickets are sometimes available for:
- Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami
- Perez Art Museum Miami
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- The Wolfsonian
- Lowe Art Museum
- Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum
- Coral Gables Museum
See all the discounts offered by Culture Shock Miami here. The offerings change constantly, and there may be only a limited number of discount tickets available to popular shows or attractions. Tickets have to be purchased at least a day in advance for shows, and you have to arrive early enough to exchange your Culture Shock Miami voucher for an actual ticket. Student ID is required to pick up the tickets.
If you’re looking for other ways to visit museums on the cheap, check out our list of regular free and discount museum days.
More museum discounts:
- Free admission to Coral Gables Museum
- Free PAMM admission for students & educators
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum admission discount
- Free passes for museums, attractions at the library
- Student discounts to shows and museums