If you’ve recently adopted a bully breed dog or any dog, you’re in luck! As part of Operation Pit Stop, Friends of Miami Animals Foundation Inc., Miami-Dade County Animal Services Department and Wings of Rescue will provide free spay and neuter services, vaccines, and microchipping for 500-600 dogs during the month of July.
Services will be provided at the Miami-Dade County Animal Services Department clinic in Doral, South Dade Cutler Bay Clinic, and through weekend events via the Mobile Animal Clinic (MAC). Any dog can receive services, in an effort to prevent unwanted litters and improve pet health.
Stationary clinics will offer 15 appointments per day and 25-30 surgeries through the MAC. The MAC spay and neuter weekend events will take place in areas within the community to expand services beyond the Doral and South Dade Cutler Bay clinics.
Miami-Dade County residents can call 311 to schedule appointments or visit www.operationpitstop.com for additional location information and benefits.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagra
Other useful resources
- Free food distributions & resources
- Resource Depot in West Palm offers new & upcycled items at discount prices
- Free income tax webinars from University of Florida
- Local libraries provide free homework help
- Postponed Event — Event offers information on free workforce education in Fort Lauderdale
- Broward Sheriff’s Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Indoor plants: Tips for radishes, lettuce & other edibles from Davie extension office
- Free food for students during summer
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura