Moviegoers have a chance to relive the cinema experience and return to O Cinema.
After a full year of shutdowns and limited entertainment, the Miami Beach theater reopened on March 19. This means in-person experiences AND virtual screenings – whichever you choose!
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
The featured movies will continue changing, so please check O Cinema’s calendar for the most current offering.
Movie tickets are available online and at the box office, at 1130 Washington Ave. Prices are as follows:
- Adults – $11
- Seniors age 62 and older – $9.50
- Students & teachers – $9.50
- Children age 12 and younger – $9.50
- Military – $9.50
- O Cinema members – $7.50
- Miami Beach resident discount: 20 percent off adult tickets on the first Monday of every month (with valid proof of residency)
In announcing the reopening, O Cinema officials made clear their health and safety precautions and regulations. These include:
- Mandatory facial coverings
- Entrance screenings
- Social distancing measures, including seating arrangements
- Reduced capacity
- Hand sanitizer
Hesitant to go indoors?
For those who are not ready for an indoor movie experience, O Cinema continues to offer virtual movies. Tickets for online offerings range in price from $10-$12.
The current schedule includes, among others:
- “Truth to Power”
- “17 Blocks”
- “76 Days”
- “Through the Night”
- “A Glitch in the Matrix”
- “The People vs. Agent Orange”
Two FREE screenings are also planned. These will only be available online:
“Oliver Sacks: His Own Life” – Monday, April 5
- “F11 and Be There” – Monday, May 3