North Miami’s Dezerland Park is usually an indoor attraction where you can ride go-karts, jump on trampolines and play arcade games with a huge outdoor area to view a massive collection of cars. That outdoor area has transformed into a drive-in theater. New movies will be shown each week Friday through Sunday. The attraction is located at 14401 NE 19 Ave., North Miami.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
May 29-31 take flight on the magic carpet with the 2019 live action Aladdin starring Will Smith as the fast-talking Genie. The Disney film brings to life the original animated version of 1992 with a few new story lines and songs. Screenings are at 5 p.m. and note, there may be some glare issues during this showing.
Then at 8 p.m. on those same dates, if you missed it last week, they’re once again screening the original Jurassic Park, the Steven Spielberg-directed box office blockbuster starring Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill whose trip to an island theme park inhabited by DNA-fabricated dinosaurs turns deadly.
Admission is on a first come, first served basis and tickets are $30 per car. Concessions will be for sale and brought to your car. No outside food will be allowed. To avoid any screen blocking, SUV’s and trucks will be parked in designated areas. Click here to buy tickets.
There’s more drive-in fun…
Hard Rock Stadium, which is usually home to the Miami Dolphins and University of Miami Hurricanes football games, has also been converted into a drive-in theater. Sit back and watch classic films or relive the glory days of the Miami Dolphins via classic reels.
For more information, click here.
More Fun for Kids
- Tap! Tap!: Virtual Haití Book Festival kicks off May 30
- Enjoy J.K. Rowling’s new children’s book, ‘The Ickabog,’ for free
- Miami summer camps: Find virtual and live options
- Dezerland Park invites you to new drive-in theater
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick & grab a Fandango party pack
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical
- Free things to do at Disney World (from home)
- Cool stuff for kids to do at home
- Romero Britto can entertain your kids with his art