North Miami’s Dezerland Park outdoor area was transformed into a drive-in theater over a month ago – and it’s been a big hit with movie fans. New movies are shown at 5 and 8 p.m. Saturdays at 14401 NE 19th Ave., North Miami.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Here’s the line-up for the next few weeks:
- June 27: The Secret Life of Pets 2 at 5 p.m. and Grease at 8 p.m.
- July 4: How to Train Your Dragon 2: The Hidden World at 5 p.m. and Independence Day at 8 p.m.
- July 11: Abominable at 5 p.m. and Gladiator at 8 p.m.
- July 16: Special event DJ Battle at 7 p.m.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis, and tickets are $30 per car. Concessions will be for sale and brought to your car. No outside food will be allowed. To avoid any screen blocking, SUV’s and trucks will be parked in designated areas.
There’s more drive-in fun…
Hard Rock Stadium, which is usually home to the Miami Dolphins and University of Miami Hurricanes football games, has also been converted into a drive-in theater. Sit back and watch classic films or relive the glory days of the Miami Dolphins via classic reels. For more information, click here.
More Fun for Kids
- Free & cheap July 4th events, food deals – UPDATED
- Miami-Dade libraries offer Summer Reading Challenge
- Zoo Miami: Ride your bike through the grounds
- Miami summer camps: In-person and virtual – UPDATED
- $10 Mondays all summer at Zoo Miami!
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price
- Fairchild offers ‘pizza party’ for the whole family
- Free meals for Miami-Dade students during summer break – UPDATED
- Dezerland Park drive-in theater: Check out movie schedule
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical extended through summer