Here’s a way to enjoy some wine, socialize with others and learn a little something.
It’s the new, free “Chat with the Winemakers” series, being offered at 5 p.m. every Thursday on Instagram by Wine by the Bay, a retail wine store in downtown Miami.
Stefano Campanini, a Vinitaly-certified Italian Wine Ambassador, will host an Instagram Live chat with a wine industry guest each week. The first Instagram Live will be at 5 p.m. April 2 with featured guest Silvia Vannucci, owner of Piaggia Carmignano in the province of Prato, west of Florence.
“In light of Miami’s shelter in place order, we continue to offer wine delivery service and have replaced onsite events with virtual ones,” Campanini said in a statement. “I felt that by having informal conversations with winemaking friends abroad, we could continue to share our passion for wine, but still feel connected to the world and learn something new.”
Wine by the Bay, at 6942 NE Fourth Ave., specializes in educational tastings and cellar management. For information about future virtual events, call 305-455-9791, visit winebtb.com or follow on social media @WinebytheBay.
OTHER MIAMI ON THE CHEAP STORIES:
- Where to order wine, beer online
- Free restaurant delivery, discounts
- Order groceries and household products online for pickup or delivery
More Food Resources:
- Updated: Restaurant openings, deals, free delivery and more
- Free Starbucks coffee for frontline responders
- Free food distributions: See if you’re eligible!
- Bakers and chefs selling directly to the public
- Free to-go entrée at Olive Garden
- Miami eateries serve up meal-deal bundles
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical
- Wendy’s 4 For $4 Meal Deal
- Publix expands open/close times, suspends senior hours
- Free McDonald’s fries every Friday