Want to keep supporting local indie cinema houses and give the streaming services a break? You can show you care by streaming what they’re offering. Some are free and others are the price of a regular movie ticket. Now more than ever, they need the help from all film-lovers out there!
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Coral Gables Art Cinema – You can’t sit in the lovely theater in the heart of Coral Gables, but you can watch classic black-and-white films, SXSW award-winning flicks, imports and music documentaries. Free.
O Cinema – Now housed in an iconic Miami Beach building, this local darling of indie films features an eclectic mix of relevant films for all types of audiences, always featuring award-winners and cult classics. $12. They will also be featuring a trio of anti-racist documentaries Sunday nights at 7 p.m. The free streams will be available June 7, 14 and 21, each will be available for a 24-hour window. Click here to register in advance and receive the link to watch.
Tower Theater – Little Havana’s theater is shuttered for now but showcasing a nice mix of documentary, comedy and other award-winning selections. $9.99-$12
Miami Short Film Festival – The annual festival is currently on hold, but if you love 1- to 20-minute short films, organizers are showcasing one every Friday night on their website. Free
Filmgate Miami – The local organization that showcases films by local writers, producers and directors is showcasing films, bootcamps and more on its YouTube channel. It also has an extensive list of resources for artists on the website.
Nationally, there are options, too. You can watch “We Are One: A Global Film Festival” on YouTube through June 7. The 10-day global film festival will feature shorts, documentaries, feature films, music and comedy from more than 20 film festivals worldwide.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Fair Food Drive-Thru is back with new offerings!
- Discount in August! Fairchild offers half-off admission all month long
- Open or closed? Check status in Miami-Dade
- Free Heat Road Rally watch party & more at Dezerland Park
- $5 drive-in movies at Doral’s Central Park
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami Updated
- Art Deco Walking Tours guide you through Miami Beach
- Drive-ins: Enjoy entertainment from your car (or boat)! UPDATED
- Miami-Dade libraries’ Summer Reading Challenge not just for kids!
- Virtual Friday Nights @ Frost extended through August
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Thursday, August 6, 2020
Friday, August 7, 2020
Saturday, August 8, 2020
Sunday, August 9, 2020
Monday, August 10, 2020