It’s not just supermarkets and restaurants offering curbside pickup. Now some of our favorite local haunts are adopting this vital service.
The latest is Technique Records, an independently owned Miami record store that has used, rare and imported records, tapes, books and more. It specializes in buying, selling and trading.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
While it has continued to do business for the past three months through mail order, it started allowing curbside pickup on May 18.
The store announced on its Facebook page: “Place your orders and we’ll meet you outside; rain or shine!”
Be aware – it also added this disclaimer: “No mask = No service.” So you must be wearing a face covering to pick up your items.
How it works:
- Place your order by browsing the website, calling the store at 786-717-6622, or sending a direct message on Facebook.
- Pick up your order from noon to 5 p.m. seven days a week at the store, 880 NE 79th St., Miami.
When will it open the actual store?
- The Facebook announcement stated the store expects to open to the public on June 1, with restrictions. Stay tuned!
Useful Resources in Miami
- Florida Sales Tax Holiday: Stock up on storm supplies
- Stimulus payment: Be careful you don’t mistake it for junk mail
- Updated: Miami’s city parks reopen, but watch for restrictions
- Free food distributions: See if you’re eligible!
- Publix chicken tender subs on sale
- Vizcaya offers orchid-care class online (plus a deals alert!)
- Hiring opportunities: These companies are offering jobs
- Free gardening webinar on Florida native plants
- Stressed? Sad? Worried? Mental health assistance is available
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup