Now that spring has sprung, Miamians will get a chance to explore all sorts of goodies coming to the Miami Design District this season.
Florida Fresh Markets has organized a farmer’s market experience at the Jungle Plaza, giving locals a chance to enjoy locally sourced produce, culturally influenced foods, freshly made juices, sweet and savory baked goods, unique handmade creations, and much more.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
This free event, which began March 28, will take place every Sunday through April 25 at 140 NE 39th St. Miami. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The venue – Jungle Plaza – provides a vibrant spot for this venture, with an open space where guests can socially distance and enjoy an outdoor experience.
Expect a diverse selection of local vendors and live entertainment in one of Miami’s most luxurious neighborhoods.
What else to expect?
In addition to produce and foods such as breads and pastries, visitors may find the following:
- Plants and flowers
- Handcrafted jewelry
- Artisanal beauty products
- Freshly made ceviche
- Fresh-cut fruits
- Natural juices
- Brick oven pizza
- Local honey
- Açai bowls
For more on the Miami Design Center, and other activities there, click here.
Farmers markets: See which are open
Farmer’s markets can be found throughout the nation, providing farm-to-table goods for consumers. It’s a win-win operation that helps families eat fresh and local farmers and growers obtain sales.
Miami-Dade County currently has markets that are still operating, so we’ve compiled a roundup just for you! We are regularly updating these listings but recommend that you check with each venue before heading out.
In-person markets are operating with social distancing guidelines and mask wearing regulations in place. Click here for the farmer’s market roundup.
- Free admission for Miami Jewish Film Festival – starts today!
- Free screening of ‘Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory’
- Free Jazz at MOCA concerts
- How to celebrate Earth Day every day
- Free & cheap things to do in Miami this week
- Mark your calendars: South Beach Wine & Food Festival set for May!
- Gardens in Miami: Get visitor info here!
- Miami 2021 festivals & events: A month-by-month guide
- Kids to Parks Day 2021: How to celebrate virtually or in person
- What’s open/closed in Miami? Check here!
See our full Calendar of Events.
Weekly on Sunday @ 10:00 am-5:00 pm (April 4, 2021 - April 25, 2021)
Miami, FL 33137