Miami-Dade County’s Public Library System allows you to reserve books, DVDs and other materials online, then pick them up through a new outdoor, walk-up service. The countywide service is available to Miami-Dade library card-holders at ALL 50 branches.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
- First, reserve what you want: Order your materials ahead of time and select your preferred library location for pickup. To order, use the MDPLS online catalog or MDPLS mobile app, call your nearest library branch or email email@example.com.
- Next, wait for notification: You’ll be alerted when your materials are ready for pickup either by email, phone or text.
- Pick up items: Once you’ve received notification that your items are ready, just walk up to the entrance of your designated library location, bring your library card with you, and retrieve your order.
DON’T HAVE A LIBRARY CARD?
You definitely need a Miami-Dade Public Library System card to make use of this service. But this shouldn’t be a problem. If you don’t have a physical one, you can get an electronic card. Either type of card will be scanned at checkout.
To apply for your eCard, click here. Once enrolled, you can begin using it immediately.
Get a complete list of library locations, with addresses and phone numbers: mdpls.org/branches
Get assistance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 305-375-2665 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days week.
Get the latest county information on COVID-19: miamidade.gov/coronavirus
ALSO AT THE LIBRARY:
- Unemployment forms and other assistance – The Miami-Dade Public Library System is making printed unemployment and food stamp forms available. Get them in English, Spanish or Creole at tables outside your nearest participating library, from 8 a.m.-7 p.m. seven days a week. You can take the application home to fill out, then drop it off in the library’s book drop or at any CareerSource South Florida location.
Click here for more details.
- Digital resources – The county system is also offering patrons apps and online resources for easy downloading of materials. Digital resources include movies, language lessons, music and magazines. There’s free access to e-books and audiobooks using this library website or an app for smartphones.
Click here for more details.
More Useful Resources
- Free meals for Miami-Dade students during summer break – New location added
- Miami Spa Months: Pamper yourself with great deals – UPDATED
- Free food distributions in South Florida – UPDATED
- Miami masks: Favorite teams, TV shows & places
- Amazon Prime Day: When’s the official date?
- Back-to-School: Events & freebies in Miami
- Florida’s tax-free shopping weekend coming right up!
- Free hurricane app provides up-to-the-minute information
- Hurricane prep for pets: Do you have your supplies?
- Win a free Miami mask, hand sanitizer & more!