Update: Some branches have been closing periodically, best to call ahead before heading out.
Book-lovers, the time has finally come!
The Miami-Dade Public Library System has reopened its branches.
Of course, all library locations will enforce safety measures. All patrons must:
- Wear a face mask or covering.
- Practice social distancing
- Respect occupancy limits in keeping with state and county guidelines; gatherings of 10 people or less.
- Wash their hands upon entry.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
According to the library, a reduced number of seating areas and computers will be available, and time limits will be placed on computer sessions. Additionally, floor decals have been placed throughout all libraries to remind patrons of where they should stand, among other safety measures.
These protocols and guidelines were developed in consultation with Miami-Dade County’s medical experts at the Florida Department of Health, Jackson Health System, U-Health and the medical schools at Florida International University and the University of Miami.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For the latest COVID-19 updates, information and resources, go to miamidade.gov/coronavirus.
For more information on free library resources, click here.
For more on the library program that allows you to pick up books outside of branches, click here.
Please be aware that no in-library programs or events will be taking place until further notice. But you can still find virtual programs and storytimes available on the MDPLS Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and YouTube channel.
More Useful Resources
- Bookbag & Supply Giveaway for Miami-Dade students this weekend
- Free Internet surfing: Drive-up WiFi at select Miami-Dade libraries
- Free pet food giveaway: See if you’re eligible
- Miami Spa Months deals are almost over!
- Got mosquitoes? Here’s how to get help
- Zoo Miami’s open again! Stroll the wide open spaces
- Miami-Dade libraries: The free mask giveaway continues!
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price – UPDATED
- Free homework, tutoring help from Miami-Dade library system
- Free pet food at Miami-Dade drive-thru event