Hey, art lovers, want to see what Miami has to offer? The Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau (GMCVB) has officially announced the return of Miami Arts, Culture & Heritage Months, which is great because it means special discounts for locals and tourists alike.
The program runs from Dec. 1, 2021, through Jan. 31, 2022 – that’s two full months in which you can immerse yourself in arts and culture through special experiences and offers!
What kind of special offers and discounts can you expect to enjoy? There are three types of offers available:
- Discounts of up to 25 percent off
- Buy-One-Get-One free (BOGO) tickets
- Free perks
These special offers can be used at galleries and exhibitions, museums, cultural institutions, historical sites, heritage neighborhoods and special events. Some of these include:
- Several of the city’s premier museums are offering BOGO admission, including the Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM); Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami; Ancient Spanish Monastery; and Coral Gables Museum.
- South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center is offering discounted tickets to two of its marquee performances: the Polish Philharmonic and World of Musicals.
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County is offering discounts on many of holiday season’s most-anticipated shows including “Jacob Marley’s A Christmas Carol,” “The Hip Hop Nutcracker,” Miami City Ballet’s “The Nutcracker,” “Gringolandia,” Florida Grand Opera’s “A Streetcar Named Desire,” and “Our Song, Our Story.”
“Greater Miami and Miami Beach has a well-deserved reputation for its undeniable vibrancy and authenticity,” said David Whitaker, GMCVB president and CEO, in a statement. “We encourage locals and visitors to discover what sets our heritage neighborhoods and culture apart from other destinations. Through Miami Arts, Culture & Heritage Months, the GMCVB is providing the inspiration in assembling offerings and programming to serve as a resource for further exploration of our culturally rich destination.”
Celebrate the unique identity of Miami and Miami Beach during Miami Arts, Culture & Heritage Months by visiting all of the great galleries, museums, and cultural institutions. It’s a great way to be a tourist in your own city and with a discount included!
For a full list of offerings, visit MiamiTemptations.com.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
- Free: Day of the Dead celebration, Oct. 28, Downtown Doral
- Old School Latin Block Party in Pembroke Pines
- Free concerts in Coconut Creek
- Free Family Day at Miami Beach’s Bass Museum
- Deep Cuts $5 Film Series, Free Banned Books Films and Watching With… $10 Film Series at UM Cosford Cinema
- ‘Dias de los Muertos’ celebrations at CityPlace Doral
- ‘Dia de los Muertos’ celebration at Doral Yard
- Sunday: Free concert by Tito Puente Jr., Miami Beach
- Free Florida Grand Opera ‘First Sing,’ Miami-Dade & Broward
- Best free & cheap things to do this weekend in South Florida