We will continue updating this list as we find other dance groups going virtual.
The show must go on is more relevant in these uncertain times than ever that’s why dance troupes are still twirling, soaring, bending and jumping…on the virtual stage.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Take a look at the virtual programming they’re offering…
Arts Ballet Theatre of Florida is streaming past performances via its Facebook page, calling them “Lightening Moments” you can watch classics like The Nutcracker and Firebird.
Dance Now! Miami is keeping the momentum going with videos on the website of past performances showing simultaneously while the dancers recreate the moves in their homes. Watch as they dance in their patios, backyards, even the kitchen.
Miami City Ballet is livestreaming dance classes including Ballet 101, Ballet Stretch and Strengthen and Intermediate Ballet through Instagram. You can also watch company dancers performing in their homes. Special world premiere of A Dance for Heroes in honor of first responders on May 8 at 8 p.m. on their Facebook page.
Ballet Flamenco La Rosa is presenting the premiere of the dance piece Directo al Corazon a work inspired by Henrik Ibsen’s “Hedda Gabler,” director by Ballet Flamenco La Rosa Founder Ilisa Rosal. Premieres May 8 at 8 p.m. on their Facebook page.
Check out more posts on virtual arts experiences:
More Virtual Entertainment
- Free live events return to Arsht Center at outdoor plaza
- Livestream performances continue from North Beach Bandshell
- What’s open in Miami? Check status here
- Trunk Town Market: Vendors, family merchants to offer antiques, food & more
- Free entry for frontline workers to Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show – starts today!
- Veterans Day events & food specials in Miami
- Miami Beach Botanical Garden comes alive after dark
- Enjoy Wynwood Scavenger Hunt for chance to win prizes
- Free weekly yoga classes with a breathtaking view
- Zoo Miami: $10 Mondays are back!