Make Music Day means a series of free concerts June 21 all over Miami. The free day-long musical event features rotating acts performing at various venues throughout the city. Performances will take place at clubs, parks, promenades and public spaces in various neighborhoods. More than 89 artists will perform at more than 80 venues.
Here’s a rundown of the different activities going on during this one single day, Friday, June 21 that you can participate in:
- Mobile Karaoke – a battery-powered PA system and a pair of musicians in a mobile rig on the back of a pick-up truck or van provide the music and you sing along to the lyrics.
- Street Studios – set up a small laptop-powered studio and invite passersby to create a piece with natural and unnatural sounds, the finished composition could be featured on the Make Music Miami website.
- Heart Chant – Join hands in a circle and sing the syllable “Ah,” prize awarded for most unique venue.
- Bands Undercover – Local bands take to the streets to cover other bands’ music.
- Drum Set Duo – Find the drummer on the street whose got an extra drum set and can give you a five minute lesson.
- Free performances along Lincoln Road throughout the day.
Find more Make Music Miami Day events
Find more free and cheap music events and concerts this week:
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Sunday, August 25, 2019
Monday, August 26, 2019
Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Thursday, August 29, 2019
Friday, August 30, 2019
See our full Calendar of Events here