Make Music Day means a series of free concerts June 21 all over Miami. The free day-long musical event features rotating acts performing at various venues throughout the city. Performances will take place at clubs, parks, promenades and public spaces in various neighborhoods. More than 89 artists will perform at more than 80 venues.
Here’s a rundown of the different activities going on during this one single day, Friday, June 21 that you can participate in:
- Mobile Karaoke – a battery-powered PA system and a pair of musicians in a mobile rig on the back of a pick-up truck or van provide the music and you sing along to the lyrics.
- Street Studios – set up a small laptop-powered studio and invite passersby to create a piece with natural and unnatural sounds, the finished composition could be featured on the Make Music Miami website.
- Heart Chant – Join hands in a circle and sing the syllable “Ah,” prize awarded for most unique venue.
- Bands Undercover – Local bands take to the streets to cover other bands’ music.
- Drum Set Duo – Find the drummer on the street whose got an extra drum set and can give you a five minute lesson.
Find more Make Music Miami Day events
Find more free and cheap music events and concerts this week:
Monday, June 17, 2019
Tuesday, June 18, 2019
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Friday, June 21, 2019
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Sunday, June 23, 2019
See our full Calendar of Events here