Their doors may be closed, but at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center the show goes on, virtually anyways with their SMDCAC Sessions Thursdays at 7 p.m.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Every week, visit their Facebook page and find a different local performer sharing a three- to five-minute video performance. The Center, which is located in Cutler Bay, is hosting the sessions as a way to support artists that have an ongoing relationship with the venue. Through the video sessions, they hope to provide a larger audience for the performers.
May 21: DJ Set by Mr. Pauer
Once you log on and enjoy the mini-concert by these local artists, the Center is hoping viewers will support these local artists with a donation. Any amount is welcomed.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Tap! Tap!: Virtual Haití Book Festival kicks off May 30
- Drive-ins: Go out and enjoy movies, live music
- Hard Rock Stadium turning into drive-in!
- Dezerland Park invites you to new drive-in theater
- Virtual 5K Run: Sign up to join WE RUN MIAMI!
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick & grab a Fandango party pack
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Vizcaya gardens has reopened to the public
- Life is a Cabaret! at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center virtual sessions