Kids…get ready for a Summer Book Battle, with four weeks of free summertime fun hosted by The Children’s Trust, one of Miami’s most comprehensive resource organizations.
The programs are designed for kindergartners through fifth-graders and their families.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
The Book Battle is set for 10 a.m. July 9. Activities will include virtual field trips, entertainment and read-alouds with special guests from the Miami Heat. Register here.
To participate in the Book Battle, kids in the following grades should read:
- Kindergarten and first grade: “Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons” by Eric Litwin
- Second and third grade: “Zoey and Sasafrass: Dragons and Marshmallows” by Elise Parsley
- Fourth and fifth grade: “Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library” by Chris Grabenstein
On the Stay Home Miami website, you can also:
- Enjoy a Miami Marlins coloring book, then post and tag your work on Instagram for a chance to win an autographed card from a Marlins player.
- Learn musical tips and lessons from the pros at Miami Music Project.
- Perfect your dance skills with the experts from Thomas Armour Youth Ballet.
- Kick your way to soccer success with the U.S. Soccer Foundation.
- Create fun crafts, download a Romero Britto coloring book and adventure audio books.
- Find a rock in your yard or neighborhood and paint it with an inspiring message.
More Fun for Kids
- Miami-Dade libraries offer Summer Reading Challenge
- Zoo Miami: Ride your bike through the grounds UPDATED
- Miami summer camps: In-person and virtual – UPDATED
- $10 Mondays all summer at Zoo Miami!
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price
- Fairchild offers ‘pizza party’ for the whole family
- Free meals for Miami-Dade students during summer break – UPDATED
- Dezerland Park drive-in theater: Check out movie schedule
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical extended through summer
- Support local: Try new online market for food, clothes and more