Love IKEA meatballs? IKEA is known for its stylish furniture, its detailed how-to instructions and … its meatballs.
So it’s surprising that this Swedish giant has given away its special recipe. Yes, you heard that right.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
IKEA’s Miami store is at 1801 NW 117th Ave. Click here to read the official announcement and learn the store’s safety precautions and regulations.
And now, without further ado, we’ll include the delicious recipe!
IKEA’S SWEDISH MEATBALLS WITH SAUCE
Makes 16 – 20 meatballs.
- 500 grams ground beef
- 250 grams ground pork
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
- 100 grams breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons of whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of oil
- 40 grams butter
- 40 grams plain flour
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml beef stock
- 150 ml thick double cream
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine beef and pork mince and mix with your fingers to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix. Add milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours (this will help them hold their shape whilst cooking).
- In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add meatballs and brown on all sides.
- When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven (180 degrees Celsius, or about 350 degrees Fahrenheit), and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- For the cream sauce, melt butter in a pan. Whisk in the plain flour and stir for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and beef stock and continue to stir. Add the double cream, soy sauce and Dijon mustard. Bring it to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.
- When ready to eat, serve with your favorite potatoes — either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes. Enjoy!