If you’re looking ahead to 2022 – and saving the dates for all the events you’d like to attend – here’s an early heads-up for an important one.
The Third Annual Heritage Fest, celebrating artists representing the African Diaspora, has been scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 5, 2022, at the Arsht Center’s Thomson Plaza for the Arts.
Starting at 3 p.m., the free event promises an afternoon of fun-filled activities for all, including live performances and food vendors.
Heritage Fest will also feature a community discussion. At 5 p.m., the Peacock Foundation Studio presents “The Heritage Project: Race, Intimacy and Expression in Dance,” which will cover social injustice issues and how they have influenced the identities of Black dancers and choreographers who are part of the LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and/or questioning, asexual and/or ally) community.
The full schedule is still to be determined, so keep checking back for more information as it rolls out.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
- Things to do this week in South Florida, including free and inexpensive fun & deals
- Coconut Grove Arts Festival set to return in February
- Free day at national parks on MLK Day
- Fort Lauderdale Orchid Society Show: Enjoy $3-off coupon for this weekend
- Wellington Brew Fest includes beer, entertainment & discount opportunity
- Free Music Under the Stars concerts in Pompano Beach
- Surfside street festival: Live music, book swap, art & more – for free!
- Free Downtown Hollywood ArtWalk with live entertainment, exhibits & vendors
- South Florida Fair in West Palm features rides, robots … and discounts!
- Free Sunrise concert series to serve up food & fun