Looking for work? Goodwill Industries of South Florida is hiring!
Candidates are asked to make an appointment to speak with an admissions coordinator.
The nonprofit organization provides job training, employment placement services, and other community-based programs for people with disabilities or other barriers to work.
Goodwill says more than 100 sewing jobs are available and is offering paid training for those lacking sewing skills. Trainees must complete a training program and pass a final sewing test.
“We’re looking for candidates with physical disabilities, visual impairments, and higher functioning individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities,” the organization states on its website. “Try something new, improve your work skills, make friends, and be a part of a winning team!”
For more information on jobs, click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
South Florida’s Goodwill stores have been open since the week of May 18. So, whether you need to buy – or have been decluttering your home and want to donate – now’s a good time to find the Goodwill store near you. Click here to see store locations.
One thing to note: Face coverings are a must inside the stores. In a Facebook post, Goodwill Industries of South Florida announced: “We will also continue to take all sanitation measures to ensure a safe shopping experience. Please bring your mask. We also have camo masks for sale.”
For more information, go to goodwillsouthflorida.org.
More Useful Resources
- Resource Depot in West Palm offers discount items for upcycling
- Local libraries provide free virtual and in-person homework help
- Postponed Event — Event offers information on free workforce education in Fort Lauderdale
- Free food distributions & resources
- Broward Sheriff’s Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Indoor plants: Tips for radishes, lettuce & other edibles from Davie extension office
- Free food for students during summer
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura
- South Florida farms offer fresh produce