In the mood to savor a good Merlot? Or perhaps a Malbec?
Whatever your wine preference, it’s fun to sample different varieties and learn more about this “nectar of the gods.”
After this year’s pause in activities, some wine tastings are back – with both virtual and in-person options available throughout Miami.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Here are some free and cheap wine tastings just for you. Be sure to keep checking this post, as we will continue to update listings as we find more events!
If you know of any free or cheap wine tastings that are not on this list, be sure to email editor@MiamiOnTheCheap.com.
In-person wine tastings
Wine tastings are free every Thursday at Meraki Bistro in downtown Miami! From 5 to 9 p.m., you can sample a curated selection of three to four wines.
But spots are limited, so you need to register in advance by clicking here.
There is a fee of $10 a person if you want to accompany the wine with Greek tapas from executive chef Giannis Kotsos.
(And that’s not all. If you’re interested in ordering food from Meraki, there’s a promo code you can use to get 10 percent off: Just type in GOLOCAL at checkout.)
The event is at the Meraki location at 142 SE First Ave. There’s also a Meraki in Coconut Grove.
WASHINGTON AVENUE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
This one’s a little pricier, but it does include wine AND beer.
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District offers tastings and live music on the third Thursday of each month in 12 locations from Fifth to 17th on Washington Avenue.
The Live Music & Art Series, featuring wine and beer from around the world, is scheduled for 6 to 9 p.m., though check-in opens at 5:30 p.m. 1234 Washington Ave. Tickets start at $15 and can be purchased by clicking here.
Organizers warn that this event may be canceled in the event of any pandemic-related safety concerns, but reassures the public that you would receive a 100 percent reimbursement. For more information, click here.
VACILLATE WINE AND BEER BAR
Get ready for a Wine and Fancy Cheese Pairing Dinner starting at 5 p.m. Dec. 17 at Vacillate Wine and Beer Bar, 15512 SW 88th St., Miami.
Owner Michael McCann will guide guests in the tasting of six wines paired paired with cheeses.
Virtual wine tastings
Don’t want to leave home? There are options for you, too!
Virtual tastings are available from locations around the world. Click each link to get all the details.
- SIP Virtual Wine Tastings with Winemakers by Cellar Angels: Free; set for Nov. 20, Dec. 4 and 11, and more.
- Virtual Wine Tasting – A Taste of California: Free; set for 7:30 to 9 p.m. EST Nov. 19.
- ABC Fine Wine & Spirits: To participate, check out the series of upcoming tastings, purchase the featured wine and/or spirits prior to the event, and tune into Zoom on the featured date/time. Please note that these virtual tastings are limited to 100 people, so be sure to arrive early.
- Vino Vinyasa: Dedicated to bringing together vinyasa-based yoga and fun wine facts through creative yoga poses, Vino Vinyasa is hosting a series of virtual tastings scheduled on Zoom.
- Wine.com: Featuring an incredible lineup of the industry’s leading winemakers and personalities, these 30-minute tastings will give customers a chance to pre-purchase the wines; learn about the wines, the vineyards and related stories from the proprietors and winemakers; and get in on a little behind-the-scenes action.
Information from our sister site, Palm Beach On The Cheap, was used to supplement this report.
Hungry for more food deals?
- National Pi Day 2021: Celebrate with deals on pizza & pies
- Papa John’s: 50% off pizza when Miami Heat wins
- Sonic: Sip on half-priced drinks & slushes every day
- Pizza Hut: Get large, three-topping pizza for just $10
- McDonald’s: Try new Crispy Chicken Sandwich for free
- Subway: Get promo code for BOGO footlong subs!
- Panera Bread offers promo code for $5 off
- Pollo Tropical, Miami Heat team up to offer new sandwiches
- Dunkin’ to serve up Cold Brew Beverages for just $3
- Subway: How to get the best deals & specials