We’re starting to see businesses responding to recent developments in different ways. U-Haul is one of them.
U-Haul is offering 30 days of free self-storage at U-Haul-owned and -operated facilities to help college students in the United States and Canada who may be affected by the recent and unforeseen schedule changes at their campuses.
The free month applies to new customers with college IDs, and it is a limited-time offer subject to availability. Click on uhaul.com/storage to find the store nearest you, then contact the store by phone or in person to take advantage of the offer.
The offer of 30 days of free self-storage typically is for communities impacted by a natural disaster. This marks the first time U-Haul has extended the offer companywide.
A growing number of schools are evacuating campuses, included several in Miami. As a result, U-Haul is prepared for an early spring moving rush.
Need help moving? Visit uhaul.com or call 800-GO-UHAUL to reserve a truck or trailer. U-Haul also accepts third-party pay, which enables family members to fund their loved one’s moving and storage needs.
Additionally, U-Haul powers Collegeboxes, a student storage and shipping provider in the United States. Students can call 866-269-4887 or email to email@example.com to find out when Collegeboxes will be on their campus picking up items for storage or shipping.
Students should create an account at Collegeboxes.com to initiate an order. Boxes and packing supplies will then be delivered to a student’s residence. Once packed, an at-home service will pick up the boxes from the dorm or apartment at no additional charge.
With the international option, items can be shipped anywhere across the globe. Students also may opt to have Collegeboxes hold their personal belongings in secure storage at a nearby U-Haul facility. Click here to see the 205-plus schools Collegeboxes serves.
The free self-storage offer also applies to usage of U-Box portable moving and storage containers. U-Box containers can be filled at U-Haul facilities and stored in secure warehouses.
More Useful Resources
- Local libraries provide free virtual and in-person homework help
- Free hurricane apps provide up-to-the-minute info, tips
- Postponed Event — Event offers information on free workforce education in Fort Lauderdale
- Free food distributions & resources
- Broward Sheriff’s Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- Florida offers tax-free shopping for eligible items
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Calling artists, teachers and crafters: West Palm offers discount recycled items
- Indoor plants: Tips for radishes, lettuce & other edibles from Davie extension office
- Free food for students during summer