On Saturday, Sept. 26, museums around the country are offering a ticket good for free admission for the holder and a guest as part of Smithsonian Museum Day Live!
In addition to getting free admission to museums, you can get in free to Zoo Miami.
To be admitted free, visitors must request and print out a ticket in advance. Don’t wait until the last minute because you’ll need to wait for your ticket to be delivered via e-mail. There is a limit of one free ticket per household, and each tickets admits two people.
Here are the participating museums in South Florida:
- Coral Gables Museum, Coral Gables
- Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, Miami Beach
- Wolfsonian-FIU, Miami Beach
- Lowe Art Museum, Coral Gables
- Zoo Miami, Miami
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum, Miami
- MDC Museum of Art and Design, Miami
- Ancient Spanish Monastery Museum, North Miami Beach
- Art and Culture Center of Hollywood, Hollywood
- Coral Springs Museum of Art, Coral Springs
- Historic Stranahan House Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- History Museum Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale
- International Swimming Hall of Fame Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- NSU Art Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- Old Davie School Historical Museum, Davie
- Historic Butler House Museum, Deerfield Beach
- Deerfield Beach Old Schoolhouse, Deerfield Beach
- Seaboard Airline Railroad Station, Deerfield Beach
- Young At Art Museum, Davie
- Boca Raton Museum of Art, Boca Raton
- Children’s Science Explorium at Sugar Sand Park, Boca Raton
- Cason Cottage Museum, Delray Beach
- Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach
- Lighthouse Center Museum, Gallery and School of Art, Jupiter
- Harry S Truman Little White House SHS, Key West
- Key West Tropical Forest & Botanical Garden, Key West
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum, Key West
- Crane Point Museum and Nature Trails, Marathan
For a list of other participating museums in Florida, click here.