Publix Super Markets once offered a variety of medications free of charge.
Unfortunately, this popular prescriptions program is coming to an end.
The Lakeland-based chain recently announced the program is scheduled to end on Wednesday, June 1, 2022.
According to some Publix employees, “citing internal company emails, medications that were free through Publix Pharmacy – such as amoxicillin, lisinopril, metformin, amlodipine and others – could now possibly cost $7.50 for a 90-day or 14-day supply where appropriate,” the news report said.
Since starting the program in 2007, Publix has offered free Amlodipine, Amoxicillin, Lisinopril and Metformin, among other medications. Available medications treated conditions such as:
- Heart Health/Cardiovascular
- Mental Health
- Seizure Disorders
- Parkinson's Disease
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Asthma & Allergies
- Men's Health
- Women's Health
More recently, Publix Pharmacy has also been offering free COVID-19 vaccine and boosters. For more on the vaccines, click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
More News from Publix…
Get pet meds at the pharmacy
Did you know Publix also fills pet meds? The supermarket giant makes it convenient to pick up your prescriptions – and your pet’s – in a one-stop shopping experience.
All Florida locations offer heartworm and flea/tick prescriptions, as well as antibiotics and allergy medicine. Click here for all the details.
Publix-themed masks, neck gaiters for purchase
For some, nothing says Florida like Publix. The Lakeland-based chain has loyal fans who tout its fried chicken, “Pub Subs” and “Where Shopping is a Pleasure” slogan. For these fans, Publix-themed masks and neck gaiters are available for purchase and represent a way to express that love. Click here for all the details.
More Useful Resources
- Free exams from Health Van in Hollywood
- Free homework help from libraries
- Free vaccines for pets
- Free TV channels, programs and shows at your fingertips
- Volunteer ushers get to see high-quality performances
- Free food distributions & resources
- Libraries in Palm Beach ‘seed' knowledge
- Updated: Free or discount museum entry with SNAP card
- Broward Sheriff's Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- AARP will help older adults create their future at Senior Planet, Miami