Soooo, how’s that home-schooling going?
If your child is struggling with an assignment – or you’re struggling to remember enough to be of assistance – let Miami-Dade County’s Public Library System help you out.
Its free Virtual Homework Help & Tutoring Program provides 30-minute online sessions from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. But you must make an appointment and provide parental/guardian permission.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Certified teachers are on-hand to help with homework and tutor in reading and math.
Grade levels: kindergarten through 12th grade.
Your child will need a desktop computer or laptop with internet, video and audio capabilities. Cellphones and iPads limit the functions of the online platform, according to the library system.
Ready to participate?
The Miami-Dade Public Library System also offers this important information for parents/guardians and students:
More useful resources
- Miami-South Florida On The Cheap’s got a special coupons page – check it out!
- COVID tests: How to get 4 totally free at-home kits
- Free food distributions in South Florida
- How to avoid holiday scams & fraud
- Free medications available at Publix pharmacies
- Free employment resources & hiring fairs
- Free food-distribution events & food-drive drop-off information
- Free spay/neuter services for Miami-Dade pets
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade
- Register for free library e-card for lots of online resources
Fun for Kids