Soooo, how’s that home-schooling going?
If your child is struggling with an assignment – or you’re struggling to remember enough to be of assistance – let Miami-Dade County’s Public Library System help you out.
Its free Virtual Homework Help & Tutoring Program provides 30-minute online sessions from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays. But you must make an appointment and provide parental/guardian permission.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Certified teachers are on-hand to help with homework and tutor in reading and math.
Grade levels: kindergarten through 12th grade.
Your child will need a desktop computer or laptop with internet, video and audio capabilities. Cellphones and iPads limit the functions of the online platform, according to the library system.
Ready to participate?
The Miami-Dade Public Library System also offers this important information for parents/guardians and students:
More useful resources
- Operation Pit Stop offers free spay/neuter to dogs
- Florida offers tax-free shopping events
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Free food distributions & resources
- Free food for students during summer
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura
- Free online homework help from local libraries
- South Florida farms offer fresh produce
- Free Publix prescriptions program to end soon
- COVID tests: How to get another 4 free rapid kits sent to your home
Fun for Kids