Shifting to all-virtual classes can be a tough transition.
If you’re struggling and need assistance with homework or assignments, there’s free help.
The Miami-Dade Public Library System has launched its Homework Help & Tutoring Program.
It’s never too early to seek homework assistance in reading or math.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
Here’s how the homework help and tutoring program works:
- 30-minute, one-on-one virtual homework tutoring sessions in reading and math with certified teachers on Saturdays, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., for all Miami-Dade County kindergartners to 12th-graders.
- Submit a separate virtual homework tutoring appointment for all children in your household for each subject, each week.
- Appointments need to be requested using Google Chrome, Edge, Safari or Firefox browser. Click here to request.
- A desktop or laptop with Internet access, a working camera and microphone are required to participate in the homework tutoring program.
There are several other important reminders to take into consideration before making a request. Click here for full details.
Libraries are also offering:
Free WiFi! Grab your laptop or tablet and head to your local library. Select branches are offering free drive-up WiFi in designated parking spots. Click here for details.
Free masks giveaways. Planning on returning any library books soon? When you do, be sure to pick up your free mask.That’s right, aside from being a resource for book borrowing and so much more, all 50 branches in the Miami-Dade County Public Library System will be distributing free masks to anyone in need, while supplies last. Click here for details.
More Useful Resources
- Bookbag & Supply Giveaway for Miami-Dade students this weekend
- Free Internet surfing: Drive-up WiFi at select Miami-Dade libraries
- Free pet food giveaway: See if you’re eligible
- Miami Spa Months deals are almost over!
- Got mosquitoes? Here’s how to get help
- Zoo Miami’s open again! Stroll the wide open spaces
- Miami-Dade libraries: The free mask giveaway continues!
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price – UPDATED
- Free homework, tutoring help from Miami-Dade library system
- Free pet food at Miami-Dade drive-thru event