If your kids are struggling and need assistance with homework or assignments, there’s free help.
The Miami-Dade Public Library System offers a Homework Help & Tutoring Program to assist with reading and math.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
Here’s how the homework help and tutoring program works:
- 30-minute, one-on-one virtual homework tutoring sessions in reading and math with certified teachers on Saturdays, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m., for all Miami-Dade County kindergartners to 12th-graders.
- Submit a separate virtual homework tutoring appointment for all children in your household for each subject, each week.
- Appointments need to be requested using Google Chrome, Edge, Safari or Firefox browser. Click here to request.
- A desktop or laptop with Internet access, a working camera and microphone are required to participate in the homework tutoring program.
There are several other important reminders to take into consideration before making a request. Click here for full details.
Libraries are also offering:
Free WiFi! Grab your laptop or tablet and head to your local library. Select branches are offering free drive-up WiFi in designated parking spots. Click here for details.
More Useful Resources
- Saturday event: Free pet vaccines & more for Miami-Dade residents affected by pandemic
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade – UPDATED
- Applebee’s having a hiring event – plus other Miami job postings!
- Miami-Dade transit fares returning (but there are some discounts)
- What’s open/closed in Miami? Check status here
- Free pet food: See if you’re eligible
- Check out Miami On The Cheap’s special coupons page
- Special offers for teachers – UPDATED
- IKEA meatballs recipe: Make this fave at home!
- Free lamination of COVID cards available, if you so choose …