The Town of Surfside invites Miamians to a series of four events, which will be held every first Friday of the month from May until September. The events are free and open to the public.
The schedule is:
- May 5: Moroccan Beach Picnic (more info below)
- June 2: Caribbean-themed picnic with a Bahamian junkanoo band
- July 7: Americana-style picnic with s’mores, American folklore storyteller, haystack maze on the beach and more
- Aug. 4: Bollywood with Indian food, henna tattoos, and Bollywood dancers
- Sept. 1: Journey to the Mediterranean
Mediterranean: Experience live Middle Eastern music, belly dancers, interactive drum circle, Dead Sea exfoliating mud scrubs and Mediterranean bites. True to Mediterranean cultures, this event is a family-affair where guests are encouraged to bring their children and enjoy Surfside’s pristine beach, in addition to loads of kid-friendly activities.
At First Fridays, art aficionados also can get their dose of culture by participating in a walking tour of the InsideOut pop-up art exhibit presented by Perez Art Museum and stroll along Surfside’s beach to discover reproductions of masterpieces from PAMM’s permanent art collection by 15 renowned artists. Visitors may bring their own beach picnic supplies and beach gear.
The First Fridays beach picnic is scheduled from 4-7 pm at the Oceanfront Community Center, located at 9301 Collins Ave.